Areas to discuss/explain
Areas to discuss/explain
- Family Search Swedish parish pages who is the target group
- I have seen
- This is the project I am interested in and I have marked Gävleborg County and Västmanland County
- How do you track progress and quality
I have seen that Wikipedia has some matrix of quality and use Maintenance categories how do you work
- Using templates inside a wiki I have seen you have done a lot and have some great examples that I played with on my Sandboxe.g.
- Navigational template Template:Sweden
- The Infobox for Sweden etc...
Who can create a template and do you have a standard....
- External linking best practise?
- My experience is using Templates ==> easier to track and easier to change if URL change
- Linking restrictions?
- Where to place links? When I look on Blekinge County I see the created an “external” page Databases for Blekinge
- As you have a “modern” version of Wikitree you have never thought about a navigational box with show/hide?!?!? instead of jumping to another page...
- One of the best places about Swedish parishes is Wikipedia they have a lot.
- Is it ok to link to them?
- As Family Search is a Wiki and Wikipedia is a Wiki do we have any easy way
- Crosslink works using [[Wikipedia:sv:Alfta_socken|Alfta]]
- Can we also cross links pictures /maps ex. Alfta church
- Or use simplified maps ex. compare on Bollnäs
- Coordinates helps a lot finding a place. Wikipedia has done the work and have added coordinates to all parishes churches ex
- Koordinater: 61°20′49″N 16°4′16″Ö
is done using infobox | lat_d = 61| lat_m = 20| lat_s = 49| lat_NS = N
| long_d = 16| long_m = 4| long_s = 16| long_EW = E==> Template Coord is used
- What is best practice inside Family Search for coordinates
- My experience is if we “steal” coordinates from Wikipedia that we have a template taking the same arguments
- Multi language https://familysearch.org/wiki/sv/Samh%C3%A4lls_Centret
- What is the plan? What parts in Swedish….
- An area that I believe in is WEB 3.0 or the semantic web ==> today we publish pages in the net and in the future we will link data ==> a resources like Family Search can contribute with good genealogy information anyone looking into this
- Today Wikipedia has excellent information ==> Alfta parish above is Wikidata object Q10405130 that today has no external links
but of we look at Picasso Q5593 you can see that a lot of sites has connected to him ==> you can ask for the locations of his (Q5593) works using a
Nathan i looked into your profile and I think DNA research will benefit from this open data…
We have a Swedish programmer that have done some nice integration between FTDNA and family trees
see video I did DNAGEN using this tool. If we open up data then more things like this can be done and DNA research would benefit a lot….…
Another video me "thinking load” about how DNA = FTDNA + Family tree + Sources using templates in a wiki would be magic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAuH6xpsKzA
The free training
Introduction to linked data and the Semantic Web from University f Southampton
- What is the best place to ask questions that are a bit more technical like
- Template design
- Cross link
- Bot updates….
Example of a simplified map ==> you add the coordinate and text of Bollnäs and its displayed in the map
Result of a query in SPARQL to find location of Picassos work